Sterile Field

My years as a surgical resident.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

#29 / #30: Saying goodbye to the private world

Somehow my schedule got the best of me and I haven't been updating the blog. I know that all six of you who read my blog were disappointed, but I'm encouraged that the number of readers has grown from four to six.

I finished up the last two nights on call at the private hospital and they were all good experiences:

Call #29: Theme of appendicitis! I did a pediatric laparascopic appendectomy and assisted (held the camera) on two adult laparascopic appendectomies.

Call #30: Theme of falling. Two mexicans injured in separate incidents by falling from at least 20 feet in both cases. They both arrived at 10 minutes from each other in the ER.

I started a new rotation back at the university hospital on neurosurgery. I'll write about that later tonight.

Last call nights Sunday October 22nd and Thursday October 26th.
Amount of sleep last call night: I don't remember.
Currently reading: Rereading Ender's Game.
Currently watching: Borat. Hysterical.
Next call night: Wednesday November 1st.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home