Sterile Field

My years as a surgical resident.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Night float can be slow

The past two nights not much has been going on. It's been pretty slow. Even with that, two nights ago we had a pretty cool case - I walked into work and got an intraoperative consult from the Gyn service who was doing a myomectomy for fibroids and they randomly came across a appendiceal tip mass. I got to do an open appy as an intraoperative consult... I wouldn't have known how to do the case properly (I would have figured something out) except the previous night we had a patient with appendicitis and we did it open at the patient's request for a "tougher" scar. See one, do one, teach one is what they say in surgery so now I'm ready to teach someone how to do an open appendectomy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home